Is It Necessary (Or Even Possible) To Get A Massage Every Month?
Massages are often regarded as an extravagance or an unnecessary expense without suitable justification, it is rarely regarded as a viable form of treatment, even though it is one of the simplest and oldest forms of medicine.
Massages are not just for high-class people with a fortunate life of luxury, massages offer massive health benefits and a massage at least once a month should be considered compulsory to every active person from age 12.
It is time you start viewing massages as a health-related necessity rather than an indulgent experience and here are a few reasons why:
- Massages, over a sustained period, relieve stress, reduce pain, and positively improve health on physical as well as emotional levels
- Regular massage therapy sessions have been found to reduce blood pressure. Lower blood pressure levels can also reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke
- A massage boosts blood flow and improves circulation in the body
- Massages help improve posture by relieving the strain put on muscles to keep the trunk in an upright position
- Get migraines? A massage can provide relief to migraine induced headaches that might have been caused by excessive stress or lack of sleep.
- Massages help relieve chronic neck pain and reduce the pain of arthritis
- Especially if you live in Lagos, traffic needs no further explanation.
Important note though: as you prepare to book your next or maybe your first massage session, please get a reputable, well-trained masseuse to avoid injury and keep in mind that some side effects; such as temporary discomfort and minor bruising might occur especially if it’s your first time.
Use our HyLife Spa Plan to get affordable massages and discounts for as low as ₦65, 000 a year. Click here to get one
So go ahead and arrange regular massage appointments, your body will thank you for it in the long run.